Meet Our Governors
We have a strong and vibrant group of governors within Longstone School. Our governors include parents, teachers, community members, and church representatives (Foundation Governors). Our governors are all volunteers who are all passionate about our school and assisting us in our vision to nurture, ignite and shine.
Chair of Governors and Foundation Governor
Ex Officio Substitute Foundation Governor (Feb 2023 to Feb 2027)
Staff Governor (2019 - 2023)
Local Authority Governor
Vice Chair of Governors and Foundation Governor
Parent Governor (2020-2024)
Clerk to Governors
Executive Head Teacher
What is the role of the governing body?
The role of the governing body is a strategic one, its key functions are to set the aims and objectives for the school:
- set the aims and objectives of the school,
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives,
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives,
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives,
- be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher.
The Head Teacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the governing body.
All governors attend the termly Full Governor Body meetings. Governors are also members of two sub-committees that support the school. These committees are:
- Resources (about the school finances),
- Curriculum and Standards (academic outcomes, school targets and curriculum)
|Curriculum And Standards Sub-Committee||Resources Sub-Committee|
Curriculum Link Governors
Link Governors take a specialist interest in their allocated area and provide a link between the governing board, its committees and the staff. They work closely with the Executive Headteacher and Subject Leaders to ensure the best possible outcomes for the children of our school.
- Safeguarding - Ian Pykett
- SEND - Lee Reed
- Curriculum - Lizzie Sansam
- Early Years - Panela Wales
- Religious Education and Collective Worship - Ian Pykett
- Natalie Cardwell. Left the Governing Board in November 2021.
- Mark Taylor. Left the Governing Board in September 2021
- Sharon Spibey. Left the Governing Board in May 2021
- Chasca Twyman. Left the Governing Board in November 2021
- Reverend James Croft. Left the Governing Board in August 2022
- Claire Colver. Left the Governing Board in June 2023